Join the team
Sulphuric acid plant engineer
Ben jij ons nieuwe teamlid?
SCW develops a unique and sustainable process that we call “CO2 CLEANUP”. This is a “negative emission process” in which CO2 is removed from the atmosphere and permanently stored and converted into high quality solids. This chemical process uses natural minerals and residual materials from the steel and concrete industry. It is a clean process without emissions or waste. The end products serve large global markets. These are materials that replace products whose traditional production results in fossil CO2 emissions.
Your role at SCW:
For the engineering & project team we are currently looking for an experienced engineer familiar with sulphuric acid production. In our process sulphuric acid is part of recycling chemicals.
The position is part of a multidisciplinary engineering & development team.
- Perform engineering tasks on the “recycle process unit”. The overall CO2 CLEANUP process consists of several “process units”
- You design the details of the process unit and specify the systems and/or components that are part of this “process unit”. The engineering is based on data from our research and process colleagues. Your work will start with a basic design and will evolve to a detailed design and corresponding test/commissioning plan.
- Communicate with external vendors and/or consultants.
- You document the design, e.g. documents such as a Process Description, PFD, P&ID, and engineering documents.
- For controlling the process, based on functional requirements and safety standards, you describe and specific the control logic which will be implemented by our Automation colleagues.
- You specify process equipment and support the purchasing department.
What is SCW looking for?
- You have completed a HBO/Bachelor or Master degree in either mechanical, electrical or chemical engineering.
- You have knowledge and experience (minimum 5 years) in designing industrial systems or processes, preferably in the chemical or energy industry.
- You enjoy working in a multidisciplinary international team and you can easily communicate with various disciplines (mechanical, instrumentation, electrical, R&D) within the organization.
- You master the Dutch and/or English language.
As an ideal candidate you have:
- Passion to be part of designing an innovating sustainable (chemical) process.
- Knowhow of industrial systems.
- Practical approach to scaling up innovations from lab to factory scale.
- Proactive and flexible attitude.
- Good communication skills.
What does SCW offer?
In the coming years, SCW will develop from a fast-growing scale-up to a nationally and internationally operating organization; a crucial phase in which we are guided by our core values:
impact, together, urgency to act and belief in the feasibility of solutions.
Do you want to make an impact with us? This is what you can expect from us:
- Challenging and inspiring work environment in which innovation and sustainability are central.
- A role in which you can contribute to developments that can make a real impact on the climate and the environment.
- Long term career development.
- A positive culture in which drive, impact, solution-oriented and ’together’ are leading values.
- Pleasant working atmosphere.
- A good benefits package.
Are you who we are looking for and do you want to make an impact with us!? You can apply or send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you want more information on the vacancy or SCW, get in contact with Vikash Lachman via Vikash.Lachman@scwsystems.com, or via the telephone number +31 (0)72-200 1059, or schedule a coffee appointment.
Interested in what we do, or other vacancies? Check out our website www.scwsystems.com.