Join the team
Experienced Scientist Cement Materials
Ben jij ons nieuwe teamlid?
SCW is a young and fast growing company. Our team contains about 60 people. We develop two innovative and impactful technologies. We are driven by a strong ambition to make an impact and we have a rock-solid belief in the feasibility of solutions. We achieve results together, as a team and with our partners.
SCW develops new technologies for a cleaner world. We are working on R&D and innovations as well as on their strategic roll-out and scaling up. We believe that together we can make a big impact.
For the research & development team of CO2 CLEANUP we are currently looking for an experienced scientist/engineer with a background in either material science, chemistry, civil engineering or other relevant discipline and who has experience to help accelerate the development of “synthetic cement/concrete with a negative CO2 footprint”. The position is part of a multidisciplinary research & engineering team.
What is SCW looking for?
- Knowledge in either material science, chemistry, civil engineering or other relevant discipline
- Experience in the development, characterization and testing of cementitious materials and systems and relevant research methodologies
- Organizational and problem solving skills; to work effectively within a multi-disciplinary team and to engage with industry partners.
- Relevant experience in innovative cementitious materials, geopolymers or alkali activated materials would be advantageous.
- Knowledge of setting up metallurgical test/laboratory programs and on-site commissioning testing.
- You enjoy working in a multidisciplinary international team and you can easily communicate with various disciplines (mechanical, instrumentation, electrical, R&D) within the organization.
- You master the Dutch and/or English language.
As an ideal candidate you have
- Passion for innovating sustainable chemical processes
- You have experience in multidisciplinary research works as well as laboratory activities
- Hand one experience with cement / concrete
- Have experience with lab facilities, testing methods and standards
- Practical approach to scaling up innovations from lab to factory scale
- Proactive attitude and a flexible attitude
- Good communicative skills
What are the key responsibilities?
- Conducting and planning individual and collaborative research activities including the development of novel cementitious binder systems, materials and products that can be used in construction
- The design and execution of relevant laboratory work
- Development of advanced testing methodologies and analytical tools, addressing performance, optimization, manufacturing and scaling up challenges
- You will be also involved in carrying out and assisting with all activities occurring within the laboratory. For example, activities for making and testing concrete mortars and assessing suitability of new building materials
What may you expect of SCW?
In the coming years, SCW will develop from a fast-growing scale-up to a nationally and internationally operating organization; a crucial phase in which we are guided by our core values: impact, together, urgency to act and belief in the feasibility of solutions. Do you want to make an impact with us? This is what you can expect from us:
- Challenging and inspiring work environment in which innovation and sustainability are central;
- A role in which you can contribute to developments that can have a real impact on the climate and the environment;
- A positive culture in which drive, impact, solution-oriented and ’together’ are leading values;
- Very energetic working atmosphere with room for development;
- A diverse team of people who make SCW grow every day;
- A good benefits package.
Do you recognize yourself in the profile above and do you want to make an impact with us!? Then we would like to receive your short motivation and CV via email@example.com for the attention of Marloes Tesselaar.
Would you first like to know more about the vacancy or about SCW? We can like to meetup and talk over coffee with you. Just send an e-mail to Vikash Lachman (Research & Development Manager CO2 CLEANUP) firstname.lastname@example.org.