Join the team
Experienced chemical research process engineer hydrometallurgy
Ben jij ons nieuwe teamlid?
SCW is a young and fast growing company. Our team contains about 60 people. We develop two innovative and impactful technologies. We are driven by a strong ambition to make an impact and we have a rock-solid belief in the feasibility of solutions. We achieve results together, as a team and with our partners.
SCW develops new technologies for a cleaner world. We are working on R&D and innovations as well as on their strategic roll-out and scaling up. We believe that together we can make a big impact
Your role at SCW:
For the research & engineering team we are currently looking for an experienced researcher/engineer who will develop the solvent extraction and electrowinning systems. The position is part of a multidisciplinary research & engineering team in which you have a large degree of freedom, responsibility and flexibility. You job contains:
- Perform process engineering tasks on hydrometallurgical aspects of projects.
- You design, analyse and optimize production processes. Because we are a relatively small team, the work will vary from concept design to detailed design. You will also interface with our laboratory to design experiments if needed to support design decisions.
- You document the process design. Think of documents such as a P&ID, heat & mass balance or a functional design.
- Design and document the process control logic based on functional requirements and safety standards.
- You specify process equipment and support the purchasing department.
What is SCW looking for?
- You have completed a master’s degree in either Process Engineering, Metallurgical Engineering, or Chemical Engineering
- You have knowledge and experience (minimum 5 years) in either designing, commissioning and/or operating hydrometallurgical processing equipment
- Experience with battery chemicals, waste metal recycling or critical mineral extraction is an advantage
- Knowledge of setting up metallurgical test/laboratory programs and on-site commissioning testing
- You enjoy working in a multidisciplinary international team and you can easily communicate with various disciplines (mechanical, instrumentation, electrical, R&D) within the organization
- You master the Dutch and/or English language
As an ideal candidate you have:
- Passion for innovating sustainable chemical processes.
- Process knowhow for leaching, solvent extraction, neutralization, crystallization, dewatering, filtering, electrowinning, etc.
- Practical approach to scaling up innovations from lab to factory scale.
- Proactive attitude and a flexible attitude.
- Good communicative skills.
What may you expect of SCW:
In the coming years, SCW will develop from a fast-growing scale-up to a nationally and internationally operating organization; a crucial phase in which we are guided by our core values: impact, together, urgency to act and belief in the feasibility of solutions. Do you want to make an impact with us? This is what you can expect from us:
- Challenging and inspiring work environment in which innovation and sustainability are central;
- A role in which you can contribute to developments that can have a real impact on the climate and the environment;
- A positive culture in which drive, impact, solution-oriented and ’together’ are leading values;
- Very energetic working atmosphere with room for development;
- A diverse team of people who make SCW grow every day;
- A good benefits package.
Do you recognize yourself in the profile above and do you want to make an impact with us!? Then we would like to receive your short motivation and CV via email@example.com for the attention of Marloes Tesselaar.
Would you first like to know more about the vacancy or about SCW? We can like to meetup and talk over coffee with you. Just send an e-mail to Vikash Lachman (Research & Development Manager CO2 CLEANUP) firstname.lastname@example.org.