We take your privacy seriously
Privacy and cookies
This privacy and cookie statement was last amended on 20 January 2022.
Personal data is processed via this website and when you use our services. SCW Systems respects your privacy and treats your personal data with care and confidentiality. Your personal data is processed in accordance with the provisions of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). In this privacy and cookie statement we explain which personal data we collect and use, and for what purpose. We recommend that you read this statement carefully.
It goes without saying that we do not request or use your personal data without good cause: there must be a valid legal basis. This is stipulated by law. By law, we are permitted to use your personal data under one or more of the following conditions:
- We have your consent: we may process your personal data because you have given us explicit permission to do so. If we are processing your personal data with your consent, you can withdraw your consent at any time and, from that moment on, we will no longer process your personal data. That’s to say, unless we have another legal basis for processing your data.
- We have a contract with you: we need your personal data to conclude and carry out a contract, if we provide you with financing for example. If you are the representative, contact, shareholder, director or UBO of your company and your company has a contract with us or would like to conclude one, we use your personal data for reasons other than for concluding or carrying out the contract.
- We are legally obliged to do so: we are required to comply with the provisions of the law, including where it is stated that we must record your personal data. To give a few examples of legal obligations we must comply with:
1) We are required to take measures to prevent and combat fraud, tax evasion, terrorist financing and money laundering. That’s why we ask you to identify yourself so that we know who you are. We keep a copy of your proof of ID on file.
2) In certain circumstances we are required to keep your personal data, to comply with the general duty of administration for companies, for example, or with tax legislation or the Dutch Anti-Money Laundering and Anti-Terrorist Financing Act.
- We have a legitimate interest: in cases where we use the ‘legitimate interest’ basis for processing your personal data, we weigh up the interests of SCW Systems and your right to privacy. We then see if we can achieve the same goal in another way, and whether we really need all the data. Our legitimate interests are, for example:
1) We are protecting our own financial position;
2) We do not want to become involved in fraud;
3) We need to ensure that our internal records are in order, take measures in the context of business management, and carry out audits of our internal processes.
Use of your data
When you use our website, you leave certain data with us, like that which you provide when you subscribe to a newsletter for example.
We process the following data (depending on what you do when you visit our site):
- encrypted IP address
- email address
- company name
We use this data for the following purposes:
- so you can make use of the website’s features
- to analyse traffic to and on this website
- to send out newsletters
- to answer questions asked via the website
- to improve our services
How long we keep your data
We are obliged to keep personal data for a certain period of time. This ‘retention period’ can vary from a few months to several years, depending on under which law we are doing this. There may be other reasons for retaining customer data as well, for risk management purposes for example. In any case, we store personal data for as long as necessary to achieve the purpose or to comply with laws and regulations. When your personal data is no longer needed for the procedure or activity for which it was originally collected, we delete the data.
If you have given us your permission for this, we can contact you by email and send you our newsletter. Every communication via this route includes an unsubscribe option. We use Sendinblue to manage and send newsletters.
We take the protection of your data seriously and take appropriate measures to prevent misuse, loss, unauthorised access, unwanted disclosure and unauthorised modification. If you feel that your data is not properly secured or there are indications of misuse, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Provision to third parties
We do not provide your data to third parties unless this is necessary for the performance of our contract with you or to comply with a legal obligation.
Right of access, rectification and erasure of your data
If you have provided us with personal data, you can send us a request for you to access this data and/or to have it rectified or erased. You can contact us at email@example.com
You are free to disable cookies through your browser. Keep in mind, though, that if you do it’s possible that our website will no longer work as well as intended.
We use Google Analytics to analyse the use of our website. Google Analytics places cookies in your browser. We ensure that the data is stored anonymously and that sharing of this data within Google Analytics is disabled.
We use these cookies for the following purposes:
- to generate general statistics and obtain insight into how our website and newsletters are used by visitors or readers. We can determine, for example, how many people visit which page, how long people stay on our site and at what point they leave, from which countries they visit, what type of browser/device they use, etc.
- to optimise our services.
We have no control over what the provider(s) of the above applications themselves do with the cookies. For more information about these providers and how they handle cookies, you can view their privacy statements (please note that these can be updated regularly).
Sometimes we may not have full insight into the cookies placed via our website by third parties. This is especially the case if our pages contain embedded content like videos, for example, that are stored with another party but appear on our website or that are linked via our website. For example, this website uses YouTube and Vimeo to embed videos. YouTube and Vimeo have their own terms and conditions for placing cookies. If you have declined cookies on our website, you may not be able to view the videos embedded on our site.
About this statement
This statement does not apply to third-party websites that are linked via our website. We recommend that you read the privacy statement of these websites before using these.
Changes to the privacy and cookie statement
SCW Systems reserves the right to make changes to this statement. We will publish the updated statement on our website. We recommend that you check this page regularly to ensure you are aware of any changes.
Dutch Data Protection Authority
Naturally we want to help you should you have any complaints about the processing of your personal data. Under Dutch privacy law, you also have the right to file a complaint with the Dutch Data Protection Authority concerning our processing of your personal data. You can contact the Dutch Data Protection Authority to find out more.
If you have any questions about your privacy and our privacy and cookie statement, please contact SCW Systems at:
SCW Systems, Diamantweg 36, 1812 RC Alkmaar, Netherlands
Tel. +31 72 200 1059 / email: firstname.lastname@example.org